Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Etsy?

I'm thinking of offering some screen printed gaming stuff and wondered if Etsy might be the way to go.  Having somebody else handle the monetary transactions would be a boon as well as being able to start small with a few listings at a time.  Anyone have experience with it?  Any potential pitfalls?

Sporeheads: These humanoids with large, soft heads.  If they are disagreed with in conversation these burst open to shower spores everywhere.  Anyone in 30' save or become a sporehead in a week.

6 comments:

  1. My wife has experience buying from Etsy and has had many pleasant transactions. I wish you luck in your venture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Second the wife experience. When I asked her she said it has been one of her best online buying experiences. Sounds like somebody is doing something right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got an Etsy account. I make one-off furniture with salvaged materials. I thought I'd put some on Etsy since it's aimed mostly at hand made type items.
    I never did sell anything there though. I got a lot of "hearts", their version of "like", but no sales.
    Furniture is probably too much for the etsy shopper. Screen printed stuff might work for you though. Small items seem to do best at Etsy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a bunch. If things go well I'll be trying it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My wife will also be selling there soon. Would love to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool. It looks like there is a market in OSR blogger wives, haha. I just need to pitch it as birthday gifts or something.

    ReplyDelete