Friday, November 2, 2012

Silhouettes XL

And now, for our fortieth silhouette post, a special Norman Harman edition with . . . dogs!  These are all public domain, use them however you wish:

Mastiff
Bull Terrier
Boxer
Great Dane
Newfoundland
Doberman Pinscher
Deerhound

There are lots of breeds of dogs, obviously, but I think any of these could do well as a dungeon dog, or caravan guard dog.  I put all these along with the silhouettes from last post in the zip file located in the menu at right.

Question
For all you DIYers, publishers, and artists, what specifications would make these silhouettes (and other artwork I make) most useful to you?  I am pretty much self-taught--just stumbling around-- but I've been learning how to convert bitmaps to svg and back to adjust resolution.  What size works best for you?  What DPI?  Would you like to have svgs in the zip file?

10 comments:

  1. Hey Telecanter,

    I'd love to see SVGs of the silhouettes, either in the current ZIP or a separate one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The SVG are probably most useful. I don't see any need for you to convert back to a raster format of any particular resolution.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to both of you. I understand Inkscape enough now to be able to produce decent svg silhouettes. I have a ton in the pipeline already. I'll probably convert the whole original batch to svg, but that may take a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! I've updated Telemonster as well with the new silhouettes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Demon Dogs! You are a paragon of awesomeness.

    Thanks for the dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haz dogs. Thanks for contributing to my ability to steal, er synergize, other people's stuff for the enjoyment of my players who generally have little to look forward to other than death, occasionally preceded by dismemberment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so sweet! Exactly the kind of thing I was hoping these silhouettes would make easier.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Public Domain = awsome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Public Domain = awesome! Some of these will end up on products like this - https://obrary-demo.myshopify.com/products/dog-id-tags.

    ReplyDelete