Tuesday, December 24, 2013

NPC Portraits

You may have seen that the British Library posted over a million public domain images online recently.  I've been poking around there.  The images that struck me right off the bat were the detailed portrait illustrations.  I thought they might work well as npc portraits.

I spent about an hour working on a single page compilation of some of these, but had to make the faces so small they lost a lot of detail.  I decided you might find them more useful as individual files.  Anyway, these are the ones I considered most interesting from the first 33 pages of images:



























Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

3 comments:

  1. I like that the apron of the woman in picture 14 looks a little bit like a breastplate - she sure looks like it is one.
    Thanks and Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas and check this one out - http://www.flickr.com/photos/britishlibrary/tags/sysnum000305727

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to both of you.

    @rorschachhamster: Yeah, the looks on their faces is one of the reasons I picked some of these. That woman looks all business :)

    @Roger: Great, there are several interesting ones with that tag. I'll have to see about another edition of these after I get back home. I'm on a little net book right now.

    ReplyDelete